Entries Tagged as 'Danish Design for kids'

"soft gallery SS14""soft gallery ice-cream dress""soft gallery boys tshirt""soft gallery baby onesie balloon""soft gallery Summer 2014 kids"

Called ‘Nostalgia’ , this new Spring Summer 2014 collection by Soft Gallery is cool and unique.  I see a lot of kids clothing lines and after a while many of them start to look a bit samey.  But Soft Gallery is different and stands out from the crowd. Their illustrations are created by artists especially for their clothes and their styles are comfy and cool.  In addition to the illustrations, there are some striking prints in the collection too.  I’m loving that relaxed ice-cream dress as well as that quirky roller skating bear body. 

"cloud raindrops hearts wall stickers"Lately I’ve become a bit obsessed with geometric shaped wall stickers that can be stuck on randomly in a room and these ones from Sirlig are my latest find.  Sirlig is Danish for ‘delights’ and that’s exactly what this store is full of… little delights.  From the adorable wall stickers to that sweet doll and those animal pencil cases, all their goodies are the kinds of things that will make you smile.  And it’s not just for kids.  There’s plenty on offer that will work just as well in an adult, child or family space like that colourful cloud print hung above the dining table.  Of all the geometric wall stickers at Sirlig, I think those pale turquoise polka dot ones are probably my favourite but there’s plenty to choose from including the turquoise hearts, some triangles, diamonds and more.

"scandinavian clothes for kids"

It’s that exciting time of year when all the new Autumn Winter collections are arriving and the one that has seriously caught my eye is Soft Gallery’s new collection.  I’m loving the dusty pinks and aubergines complemented with charcoal grey and hints of mustard yellow.  But it’s not just the bold autumnal colours that have me salivating, it’s the infinitely wearable yet stylish clothes coupled with the eye-catching art.  I’m a big fan of kids clothes that that have the right mix of cute, quirky and style and this collection has it in abundance… don’t you think?

"danish kids fashion"

All the artworks you see on the clothes are created by a variety of International artists commissioned by Soft Gallery.  Each season, new artists are commissioned and their work is incorporated in to the clothing designs.  A very unusual way to create fashion and the result is something quite unique.  There’s not a piece here that I don’t like; everything is rather stunning and I want it all.  There are also some very cool outfits for the boys but I just couldn’t take my eyes off the girls collection.  From Denmark, Soft Gallery is yet another example of exquisite Scandinavian fashion for kids. 

A plywood safari

August 1, 2011

"Ferm living plywood animals"

These plywood animals by Ferm Living are just so lovely.  Simple wooden silhouettes that come in pieces so you and your kiddo can put them together.  Once assembled, if you want to jazz up your safari you can paint them or even stick on some bright wallpaper.  Although I have to admit, I do like them as they are in all their natural glory.  The plywood animals by Ferm Living come as a set of 5 and cost £39.95 plus £5.95 shipping from a store called 95% Danish. Yup, I’m also wondering about the other 5%!

P.S. If simple style floats your boat, check out these stunning wooden toys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by Blogmilk   Coded by Brandi Bernoskie